How to check all the drives in your Windows Home Server for errors
More details can be seen here
- Use Windows Remote Desktop to connect to your home server
- Open notepad and add (paste) the following lines of text
net stop pdl net stop whsbackup chkdsk D: /x /r chkdsk C: /x /r for /d %%1 in (C:\fs\*) do start chkdsk /x /r %%1
- Save the file to C:\Check_All_Drives.cmd
- Open a command promt and enter the command
- The command may take a long time to complete
- When finished check the applicaiton event log, source winlogon, for chkdsk reports (Start | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer).
- Reboot your home server.