How to batch convert your lossless FLAC files to MP3 on a RipNAS
here for more details).
These instructions will convert any existing audio files you have to a format of your choice.
- Connect to the RipNAS from your PC or Mac using Remote Desktop. The computer name is ripnas and use the username administrator and corresponding password (See Remote Desktop Connection to Windows Home Server)
- Use Explorer to navigate to D:\shares\Public and create a new folder MP3 (it may already exists) i.e. d:\shares\Public\MP3
- Use Explorer to start the application C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\DMCFileSelector.exe
- Expand the left hand column drive listview to show D:\shares\Music and check the selection box adjacent to the Music folder
- Click the "Convert" button on the button bar - the application will now search for audio files that can be converted. This may take sometime depending on the number of files you have - be patient.
- A dialog will be shown that allows the format and bit rate to be be selected e.g mp3 (Lame), 220kbps
- Select the "Output Location" to be Folder D:\shares\Public\MP3
- Select the Dynamic to be:
[MAXLENGTH]200,[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists\[album]\[track] [artist][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist]\[album]\[artist] - [track] - [title]
- Click Convert
- If the output files already exist you will be given thie option to overwrite or skip.
- The conversion process may take many hours to complete depending on the number of tracks you have - you may disconnect from the RipNAS and leave the job to complete.
- The output files will become available to all computers/devices on the network in \\ripnas\Public\MP3 as each track is completed.
- AssetUPnP will continue to use the (lossless) files only in the original \\ripnas\Music folder.